Monday, June 28, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
By Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith


I know, I know, from the title this sounds stupid. And honestly, it is a little silly. But I guess that's what makes it fun. Basically, Seth Grahame-Smith took Jane Austen's classic and added.. you guessed it, zombies! Unfortunately, he kept the old-world writing style, which makes it a not-so-easy read. It's also a little on the gross side. As in, blood, guts, and eating of hearts. Oh, and it has lovely illustrations to go with the lovely descriptions. All in all, the book isn't bad. It's definately original. But the way I judge how much I like a book is by how long it takes me to read it, and this one took me a little.. while to read. So basically, it wasn't my cup of tea, but that doesn't make it bad. If you like zombies and guts, it will make your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment