Thursday, April 1, 2010

Zion Turns Three/Twenty-One

Today my little puppy turns three years old! I guess in dog years he can legally drink now, but to me he's still a baby. A baby that turned out pretty cute despite the fact that when he was born he looked like a furry, tri-colored rat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Zion is the furry rat in the front with the spot on his head.
Whenever my parents and sister decided to get Zion I was firmly against it, even as they showed me pictures like these:







I continued to be against getting another dog for months. I was deadset on the idea that they were trying to replace our first dog, and I didn't want to replace him. When he died I swore I would never have another dog, because no other dog could ever measure up to him.
But when they brought Zion home, I totally changed my mind. Even though he still hasn't replaced my first dog, he has managed to fill the hole in my heart from the loss of my first dog in many ways.
Mostly because he's so darn stupid and cute that I can't help but laugh at him.







And because I never get sick of watching him in "attack" mode.



And because I've never found another dog that has allowed me to do things like this to him and still love me:





And even through all the messes and destruction



He continues to be loved and spoiled beyond belief and I can't imagine our lives without him.



No comments:

Post a Comment