Sunday, April 18, 2010

150,000 Miles



The Friday before this past one, the Grand Prix hit 150,000 miles. This was quite the milestone, especially since none of us expected it to make it that far.
Anyway, the point of all this is that number one, I am now at 150,148 miles. Which means in the last week, I've driven almost 150 miles! I never realized how much time I spend in the Grand Prix until now. Also, for someone that has driven 150 miles in the last week, I really don't feel like I've gone anywhere...
Number two, I decided a few months ago that whenever my car hit 150,000 miles, I would start seriously considering buying a new car. I've said for years that I'm going to buy a new car, but I've never taken the time to seriously pursue it. Now I've managed to save about $1,500 for a downpayment, and I guess it's time.
At this point in time, I'm really like the Chevy Aveo, but that changes every day. Anyway, I'll keep drivng the Grand Prix until something else goes wrong and then I'll go part with my hard earned money. Unfortuately, 150,000 miles is usually the beginning of the end for a car so that will probably be sooner rather than later. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment