Monday, March 7, 2011

A Shore Thing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


A Shore Thing
By Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi


Yes, I actually read this book. Don't judge me.
At the same time, don't expect much from this "book" either. Not that you probably did anyway, if you even planned on reading it. The good news though is that, because I didn't expect a tale told by a literary genius, I wasn't that disappointed by it.
I read a lot of trashy books to begin with, and this one pretty much fits the mold of the rest. The main character is very obviously based on Snooki and most of it is just ramblings about how she's awesome because she's tons of fun and doesn't care what anyone thinks.
The problem with this is that it might actually do the entire cast of Jersey Shore some good to care what other people think... even if its only for a minute. That being said, I know support they're stupidity, obnoxiousness, complete lack of self-respect, "lifestyle" by obsessively watching their show every week, so I don't really have much room to be lecturing. But I can't help it, its entertaining. And hey, if entertainment has gotten this low-brow, whatever. It gives me something to look forward to on Thursday, which would otherwise be a completely depressing, worthless day.
The point is: The book is all right, I guess. The whole thing is pretty much about how awesome Gia/Snooki is and its pretty poorly written, but I bought it, right? So whose the asshole now? And anyway, I read it during finals week and it made for a nice temporary escape.
The question you should really be worried about, though, is: "WHERE'S THE BEACH?!" It's obviously not in Pittsburgh, because its still snowing here!

Also, the Lady Gaga pics/videos are coming soon, I swear.
Also, also, the picture I used of the book isn't a picture I took. Again, so suing, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment