Thursday, March 25, 2010

Volleyball Star

Andrea has always been the one with the athletic gifts in our family. Which is fine. I have the beauty and the brains, so I guess she can have the brawn.
She has played basketball and softball for as long as I can remember. This is our first year with volleyball, and like everything else she's proved to be a natural.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I have to say that I am most impressed by her serve. Many of the girls continue to struggle with overhand serves, but she sends the ball flying all the way across the court.



The only things about volleyball that does not come naturally to her is her uniform. For whatever reason, their uniform pants are spandex. They look more like speedos than pants, and Mex hates them. I mean loathes them. I think she adjusts them at least fifty times during her games and she refuses to be photographed in them. Obviously, I haven't been listening.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Whenever she does catch me taking her picture in those lovely hot pants, she yells and screams and throws a fit that allows me to snap timeless gems like thess:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm pretty sure I'm the best sister ever.

2 comments:

  1. Ok...gotta ask...why do you call her Mex? I am so outta the loop. PS. It's FUN to antagonize your sister! That's what they are there for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call her Mex bc she's a Mexican!

    ReplyDelete